6 Station Cold Condition Newark Flex Tester System
Evaluates the flexural fatigue resistance of leather, composites, vinyl, surface finishes, and other materialsRequest Info
Specimens are folded and clamped between fixed lower clamps and oscillating upper clamps. Each cycle flexes a crease in the specimen to evaluate the specimen’s propensity to crack, similar to the crease that forms in a shoe’s upper that flexes during walking.
The tester operates between ambient temperatures and -30 C. The optional, integrated freezer has a scissor lift and control panel all mounted to a steel tubular base. The freezer is integrated into the controller to maintain the desired temperature. The tester is raised and lowered via an electric scissor lift located inside the freezer. An external push button pendant is located outside the freezer to operate the lift.
To operate, the operator lowers the tester down into the freezer, sets the desired temperature, soak time and cycle counts and presses the cycle start push button. When the freezer reaches the desired temperature set point it starts the soak timer. When the soak time is complete the tester automatically starts and runs until the desired cycle counts are reached. A flashing red light located on the control panel indicates the test is complete.
A selector switch is provided to disable the temperature display and soak timer. This allows the tester to run in ambient lab conditions as well.
The tester is available in four stroke and drum diameter configurations:
Hyundai Newark Flex Tester Configuration:
- Speed: 450 RPM
- Stroke: 1.270 CM
- Drum Diameter: 2.540 CM
GM Newark Flex Tester Configuration:
- Speed: 500 RPM
- Stroke: 3.175 CM
- Drum Diameter: 3.810 CM
Hyundai & Newark Combined Configuration:
- Utilizes a 50/50 combination of Hyundai and Newark functionality
- Optimized for ISO 7854 Section B
Cold Capable Newark Flex Tester Features:
- Mechanical components are constructed of non-corrosive aluminum and stainless steel
- Durable powder coat and anodized finishes
- Precision ball and needle bearings
- Operates to -30C
- Programmable count-up controller with automatic stop
- Adjustable jog and test speed controls
- Vented protective cover protects operator hands from pinch points
- Supply voltages vary and must be specified at time of purchase
- High quality brushless electric motors
Get a Quote
Please feel free to contact us via telephone or e-mail. We will gladly respond to you in a timely manner with answers to your questions.